What's on offer?
Graduate Program (Early Career Teacher)
Mentoring and support
Your assigned mentor will be an experienced teacher who will regularly engage with you, providing feedback and support, sharing ideas and encouraging reflection, development and growth.
Your mentor will support you in:
- Developing teaching strategies and skills
- Becoming familiar with the school’s values and culture
- Developing a good working knowledge of school policies and procedures
- Establishing professional networks
- Preparing your
first yearportfolio for full registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
In return you will:
- Ask questions and be open to learning
- Observe other teachers
- Reflect on your own practice
- Try different strategies in your own teaching
- Discuss progress and concerns with your mentor
- Celebrate successes
- You will attend a
1.5 dayconference in Townsville (usually in May); meet other beginning teachers, professional development, guest speakers. Travel, meals and accommodation paid for by TCEO. Download the 2017 conference agenda.
- Experience a day in another school – this is an opportunity to spend a day in another school in a similar year level with an experienced teacher. This helps you to see how other teachers work
Salary (from 1 July 2018)
Employee Assistance Program